Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Still sleepy, but with a full tummy

We’ve had a good couple of days.  Jake has had his friends over a few times for a lot of swimming (and a little arcade action), and he and I have had a little bonding time playing Atari 7800 games in the arcade.  He’s felt a wee bit sick in the morning and evenings, but is in good spirits.  He’s got a bunch of summer math homework to finish, but otherwise has a free ride for the next two weeks.

I rode a slow, hot and sweaty 80 miles on the bike on Sunday, and did a fast and painful (pain in aerobic sense but not the injury sense) 35 mile group ride this morning.  It feels good to be on the bike, but my normal 6am bike time is a bit of a challenge because I haven’t been sleeping well. 

The McIntosh MA6100 integrated amp arrived yesterday, and the house is full of tunes.  It really does have a distinctive sound.  A little bass-y, and a little tube-y.  Vinyl sounds great. Our main room is all tile and reflective, so the bass can be a little much on some of the more complex recordings. We really need to school the dog so I can put out a throw rug.

My appetite seems back, so I have to be careful to balance my eating with my exercise.  I like the feel of having slimmed down a bit, and don’t want to lose it.  Physical therapy is still very painful (a torturous and sadistic version of massage) but there’s not much aerobic to it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but you need to define "Tube-y" I need to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tube-y is the warm feeling you get when you look at a Rockwell painting, transposed into the signal a 40 year old amp transmits to 15 year old speakers.

    If only I had an massive armoire in which to place all of this equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can find you one.... for very little. If I could only get the monster to Miami.

    Would there be a precursor to "tube-y?" As in, what would that painting feel like if somehow transposed to a Victrola? Quick. I need a sniglet.

    Music right now.....Andrea...listening to Bollywood in the living room. I need some garlic naan and a plate of chicken tandoori.

    ReplyDelete