Monday, August 23, 2010

The Good Stuff

Today was the first day of 4th grade.  Jake’s friends have all come back into town after their summer vacations, so we spent the weekend with Jake and his friends.  I had a full work day today, so I didn’t get to go to the first day of school.  I normally love the first day, because it’s a good chance to see what plastic surgeries the mommies got over the summer.  I feel cheated (although I’m told that the most noteworthy surgery was male).

I went for a long and eventful bike ride yesterday.  We got lost a few times, and ultimately one of my friends got an unrecoverable flat.  Word to the wise – if you’re going to ride a bike with oddball size wheels, make sure you have the correct replacement tube.  On the other hand, on the two hour trip back home I had the inspired idea to stop at the Frosted Lemonade truck in Coconut Grove.  It was a world-class experience.  Truly the perfect break at the perfect time.

There was supposed to be a record store visit yesterday, but I gave it up so we could have dim sum with friends.  That was worth it.  On the other hand, I allocated time to watch the Aston Villa game on TV, and they got crushed 6-0 by Newcastle.  That wasn’t worth it.

Music of the Moment – Gerry Rafferty, City to City (1978, on the original vinyl).  I frequently use Baker Street as a test song to try out stereo components.  The sax solo is one of the more memorable moments in 1970’s album oriented radio (“AOR”).

No comments:

Post a Comment