Monday, August 9, 2010

Animal cruelty

I took a day off from bike riding, and was hoping to sleep until 8. I rode in the rain for three hours yesterday. It was slow and pleasant. If it hadn't been raining, it would have been unbearably humid.

The dog has a floor button at the back door which rings a chime so he can go outside. This is what he allegedly learned during his three weeks of sleep-away training. He's long-abandoned any thought that he would limit the use of that button to "as-needed." He started ringing the bell around 6:30am. I go out with him (he won't go out alone), he sniffs around the backyard, and comes back in. He repeats this process every 15 minutes. I should have gone bike riding and left him for the family to deal with.

I have physical therapy at 2:00pm. Yuck. Everything still kinda hurts from last week's PT. I hope to jog on the treadmill afterward, but we'll see.

Lots of good music listening yesterday with the family. We stopped at Yesterday and Today Records after going for a great dim sum lunch at Tropical Chinese. Bought some corny 1950's orchestral jazz and some 1970's corny electronica. I think I like the Ft. Lauderdale record store better.

I've managed to fight off the used eBay equipment buying urge so far, but it's a day-to-day process. Today's recommended album- Gene Harris and Jack McDuff, "Down Home Blues." Great bluesy jazz for the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment