Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Good eatin’

Jen made ribs and rice for dinner, and it was yummy.  She noted that I once complimented her cooking on the blog, and hoped I’d do it again.  Here it is again.

Lunch was also excellent.  Wednesday is “unlimited free oyster day” at Casablanca restaurant on the Miami River.  It’s as good as it sounds.

It was a stressful few days because I had a big hearing early this morning.  It’s done until next week, so I’m relaxing on the couch and reading some of the many magazines that I apparently subscribed to when I was stuck in the hospital bed.  I’ve received the latest two issues of Stereophile and Shutterbug, and I have some bike magazines to read.  It’s geek bliss.

I did get in some more retro video game bonding with Jake. Tonight was Joust, Donkey Kong and Missile Command on the Atari 800, and Galaga on the Atari 7800.

Music of the Moment – Suresh Singaratnam, Lost in New York.  It’s a fairly recent recording by a trumpet player who does both classical and jazz performing (a little like Wynton Marsalis). This is a pure jazz hard bop group recording, and it’s excellent.  If you loved the second Miles Davis quintet (Hancock, Shorter, Carter, Williams), you’ll love this.  It also has some vocal tracks and some electric guitar. Highly recommended.  I especially recommend the CD (as opposed to iTunes laziness), because the liner notes and pamphlet are excellent.  While I do subscribe to Zune Pass for the new music releases,  I almost never do paid internet downloads of individual albums.  I prefer to buy the cd because it sounds better, and it’s usually the same price (Thank you Amazon Prime).

No comments:

Post a Comment