Wednesday, September 1, 2010

State of the Vintage Art

Jen came home yesterday, and I told her to close her eyes and come into the guest room to listen to something.  That something was Hole’s “Live Through This”, blasting on my new (for me) Akai 4000ds Reel to Reel tape deck.  I don’t know why I needed it; I just know that I did.  (She said its sounds good, but she could tell it was a tape).  State of the art for 1975.  I’ve had to order used blank tapes on eBay.  New blank tapes sell for $16.00, so I sprung for old used ones for $1.50 each.

We went to the Tears For Fears concert at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts last night.  They’ve aged well, and are impressive live.  On the other hand, the facility has terrible acoustics, and is ill-suited for rock concerts.

Jake went to a new GI doctor, and is experimenting with a no-dairy diet.  So far so good.  He had a good day at school today.  Now that he’s improving, Jen is sick with a cold.  It’s our family balance.

I’ve had a crazy week of work, and I’ve been too busy to go to physical therapy.  Actually, I just haven’t wanted to go to PT.  I haven’t biked in two days due to rain.  I have the usual soreness and pains, but the knee scab is almost gone.  Unfortunately, it seems to get more sensitive as it gets smaller.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the new reel to reel! Very cool!!! Larry and Jake are in Atlanta. I had the flu and was too sick to go. I miss the sounds of 1) Jazz Albums playing at all hours and 2) Disney Channel playing at all hours. Miss the boys too. But watching all kinds of girlie tv.

    ReplyDelete