Sunday, September 19, 2010

Excellent Weekend

My mood improves when I do some quality cycling. I’d say quality exercise, but I haven’t done anything but cycle.

Yesterday I proved to myself that I can win a sprint if everybody else does something silly. Our Saturday bike store group ride was coming up to the final end sprint (against a headwind). I was second in line up front – I figured I’d lead out the group. I had one person home up hard on my left, and another come up hard on my right. I sprinted a bit and ended up behind two guys who were sprinting side-by-side (rather than single file). They completely blocked the wind for me, and I just waited until they tired and blew right between them for the win. I don’t have my old horsepower back (I can barely hit 31-32 mph), but I ain’t stupid. Here's a video of the ride (final sprint at the 11:05 mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HeGqUyibM&feature=player_embedded

Today I went for a hot and windy 75 mile ride with my friends on my 40 pound fixie. Fun, but I’m pooped.

Jake had play dates all weekend, and had a great time. Jen and I had a date night at the Marlins game. Unfortunately, it was “cow bell night”, so it was deafening all night.

My elbow and bicep are still really stiff and swollen from my Wednesday workout. Hopefully it resolves soon. The ribs haven’t been bad, and the shoulder is down to about 8 Advils a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment