Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bachelor, but home

This weekend is a little different than last weekend. Jen is going with her friends to NYC for the weekend, including a hair styling with a “celebrity” hair stylist. Jen’s gone from Thursday through Sunday.

Jake and I will be together again, but this time we’ll be home. That means fewer trips to the ice cream parlor/candy store, because we don’t have the same high quality shop that they had in Covington, GA.

I presume Jake will have a lot of play dates this weekend.  I can’t do my normal 6am bike rides, but I’ll see if I can put together some late morning rides.  I only rode once in the past 10 days, due to a combination of being out of town and incessant morning rains.

I’m pretty stiff, but I can’t tell if that’s due to bone pain or from sleeping funny.  The knee scabs are completely gone, so the only really visible items are the disjointed clavicle and the stiffness on the left side.   

Jake is really enjoying school.  He’s a little disappointed that his sports endurance is not as strong as the other kids.  I let him know that I didn’t get endurance until I was 37.

I’ve got the main stereo fully hooked up, so I can veg out all weekend. I finally got the equalizer hooked up, which helped shove another component into the system. I need Jake out of the house to really enjoy the tunes, because he has 30+ Nanny episodes on the DVR, and I end up having to listen to a mixture of my tunes with a Fran Drescher background in the adjoining room.  If anybody needs anything taped (to reel to reel, cassette, cd, or mp3),  just let me know.

Music of the Moment

1. Assorted Gary Burton albums.  I bought a bunch of Gary Burton albums from 1969 to 1987.  You can hear the range of styles, from early fusion (Throb and the Gary Burton/Keith Jarrett album, both of which I snagged for a buck) to later groups with Pat Metheny and Eberhard Weber.  It all sounds good, but the later stuff sounds better but isn’t quite as spirited. I’m told the 1990’s stuff is excellent, but I haven’t gotten there yet.

2. Chet Atkins, Teenville (Mono1st pressing, 1960).  Another great sounding early Chet Atkins album.  $1.00 on eBay!  

3. Still working through the Living Stereo classical box set.

No comments:

Post a Comment