Wednesday, October 20, 2010

From the plane

The biggest problem with the Zune is that when you’re on the road, there’s no possible way to obtain a power cord if you forget it at home.  So I’m stuck on the plane with only the in-flight tunes, so I might as well do a blog update for later upload.  I’m on my way to DC at 10pm for an early morning meeting.  I hate leaving home overnight, but there’s no option.  On the other hand, I doubt the dog will call me up in the middle of the night to tell me he wants to go outside.  The family can’t have me gone for too long, because I’m the point person for fourth grade math homework answers.

I’m excited about the trip, because it’s a big new case with an interesting topic.  I got the call from the client on Saturday afternoon while I was in the middle of a 65 mile bike ride from Miami to West Palm Beach.  I had to tell him I’d call back in a few hours.

Between the work trips and the fact that I fall asleep around 9:30pm when I get home, there’s a backlog of vinyl lps waiting for their listen.   I need to bear down and put in the time, but the weekend weather has been so nice that I’ve been either riding or taking a drive with the top down.

We’re in varying stages of health.  Jen’s had some nagging foot problems, and Jake’s friends have been sharing the same head cold for two weeks.  I therefore have sworn to not complain about any physical maladies.  One weird physical development is that I cannot do floor exercises with my trainer because if I lay down for an exercise it takes me several minutes to lose dizziness after I sit up.  I don’t really understand this development, because I wake up from sleep just fine.  The good news is that I now do less ab crunch routines – which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment