Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back Home

Happy to be home, even though I have two big hearing days coming up.  It was an excellent trip-work wise.

I’m predictable, because there’s no pre-flight meal that’s good enough to keep me from also stopping at an airport Nathan’s for a dog with mustard and kraut.

I came home to start on a box of 90 old classical lps that I got for 9.00 plus 20.00 shipping. Today is the 1956 mono recording of some Vivaldi chamber concertos (Milan Chamber Orchestra led by Newell Jenkins) on “Washington Records”, which appears to have been the “educational” affiliate of the Riverside Jazz label.  While mono doesn’t stir the depths of the soul, it provides a minimum level of fidelity that exceeds a bad album or a staticy radio transmission.  It sounds darn clean if you play it back via mono (in my case, a pair of y splitters on my second turntable which cut the stereo signal to mono and then send it to both inputs) 

No comments:

Post a Comment