Sunday, August 9, 2009

The first post

It’s a lot easier starting a new blog when nobody’s in a coma .. .

A heckuvaweekend in Fernandina Beach.  The weather was awesome.  Jake really enjoyed boogie boarding.  It was actually the first time I’ve ever done it, and it was awesome.  We live 10 minutes from the beach, but only go when we’re up here.  I think we may do more of it when we get back.  On the other hand, the sand here is very smooth and fine, while the sand in Miami Beach is rocky and shelly, so the knees are much less beaten up here.

I’ve been shopping for a classic used Bug.  If Jake continues his beach going ways, I could put a surfboard rack on a classic bug, and that would be unbelievably cool.

Here’s Jen sitting next to me.  Jen - say something:

We  had a great time this weekend.  Back to Miami tomorrow and Jacob’s swimming lessons resume on “Tuesday.  A nice young man named Tommy is Jacob’s instructor.  Jacob is swimming like a fish.  He’s learning to stroke but what he really wants to do is dive down to the bottom of the pool and pick things up.  We bought him a set of diving fishes for him to play with on Tuesday.  School starts on the 24th and I’m really looking forward to getting back to a routine.  I’ve taken the summer off from cooking but will start preparing meals again when school starts.  Also hope to volunteer at the school one or two days a week and start a business with my friend Susan.  More on that as it develops.  Back to Larry.

No comments:

Post a Comment